Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer

Humidity, clouds of gnats, long road trips to Ohio, Kings Dominion, church camp, boredom, sleeping in, babysitting.....some of my childhood memories of summer.  I was always so ready for summer break, but just as ready for school to start again!

My favorite times were swimming at a friend's house, camp, slumber parties, and family vacations to see grandparents.  Summertime brought a lot of happy!  A few times, my brain apparently took a"vacation" as well and my girlfriends and I slathered ourselves with suntanning oil and baked for a few hours in the sun.  Yep, I clearly remember serious burns, tylenol, suffering for the cause.....and I never did tan.

Now, as a mother, summer is still fun and special......the heat makes me appreciate A/C so much, the trips as a family are cherished, being able to send my kids to church camp and seeing them come home changed is priceless. Hanging out and conquering boredom are just some of the things that make summer, summer.  Movies, ice cream, sleepovers and board games....memories made.

This summer has been an eventful one for the Williams family.  One trip overseas, two church camps, one girl's first babysitting job, one foot surgery/physical therapy, one reading tutoring job, one promoting to the youth group, one 19th anniversary celebration, one Rangers game, two long shopping trips, several new friends and lots of smiles.

I am one thankful Mom.  Now bring on school!




No comments:

Post a Comment