Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Resolution - the act of resolving

I know, I know, making new year's resolutions is kind of outdated.  I've heard all the reasons not to make them, but I still really like to make my list every January 1.  Sure, I might not keep them all, but if I don't set goals, I find myself having nothing specific to shoot for.  Goals help me focus. 

 I can't live without lists, so for me, making a list of what I would love to start, accomplish or finish in this year, is the best way to articulate it and keep track of how I'm doing.  Also, if, uh....when I forget, I can look back and be reminded of what's important to me.

According to a study done by the University of Scranton last year, 45% of Americans still usually make new year's resolutions.  Top resolution of 2012 was to lose weight.   Funny, that's usually on the top of my list too!  Also, according to their study, those who make specific goals are 10 times more likely to reach them than people who make none.

So, all you skeptics out there, here's to taking advantage of a new year beginning, a clean slate if you will....we can just let it be filled with whatever comes our way or we can fill it ourselves and who knows.....maybe we'll actually keep one more resolution this year than we did last year!  








No comments:

Post a Comment